If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

GWR 0-6-2T 6695

Discussion in 'Loco information' started by Nigel Clark, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Nigel Clark

Nigel Clark Member Loco Owner

Network Rail Signalman
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    6695 is now at the West Somerset Railway in readiness for the their Autumn Gala, and it is planned she will stay on the railway for most of October including the Somerset in Autumn event before returning home to Swanage.

6695 is due her annual boiler exam in November and may subsequently receive winter maintenance.

2. Nigel Clark

Network Rail Signalman
    6695 was steam tested at Lydeard last Wednesday, is receiving a some minor attention before entering service at the Gala next Thursday.

3. Scorpian04111986

Scorpian04111986 Member

I install Commercial and Domestic Oil Tanks all ov
    Yes I had a trip or two behind her she seemed to be performing well, I think I also caught her for the freight on Friday

4. Nigel Clark

Network Rail Signalman
    Hi Kelvin, yes I thought I spied you at Stogumber on one of the days. I understand 6695 is in traffic this week along with 5542.

5. Nigel Clark

Network Rail Signalman
    We now have the go ahead from the insurers to commence dismantling of 6695 so that a full assessment can be made of the damage (sustained whilst being transported from Norden to Bishops Lydeard in March this year), and the scale of repairs defined. This will be undertaken at Williton by West Somerset Restorations. Once this has been done, further discussion with the insurers will have to take place.

JBTEvans likes this.
  6. Nigel Clark

Network Rail Signalman
    Cyl liners 1.jpg Cyl liners 2.jpg Cyl liners 3.jpg Cyl liners 4.jpg Cyl liners 5.jpg Cyl liners 6.jpg Cyl liners 7.jpg
    6695 new cylinder liners fitted by Bryn Engineering on Wednesday Feb 8th at Williton.

7. Nigel Clark

Network Rail Signalman
    Not sure if this has worked! I've hopefully attached a copy of the latest news update from the 6695 Loco Group. Essentially this is a brief summary of the latest working party on Feb 11th, plus some information on shares and the boiler appeal.

Work is progressing well at Williton with the mechanical side which could be pretty much complete by the end of 2017. This, of course, leaves the boiler to be tackled! Whilst some funds are available for this work, we anticipate needing to raise around a further £50k to achieve the return of a fully certificated boiler to enable 6695 to return to traffic, hopefully for 2019.

Further news, pictures, updates etc can be found on our Facebook page - 6695 Loco Group.

For all enquiries and further information on shares or boiler tube sponsoring etc please e mail us at locomotive6695@btinternet.com

Attached Files: