If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Railway Modeller cartoons

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by Felix Holt, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Felix Holt

Felix Holt Guest

I am interested to find out whether anyone on here thinks that RM's "Laughter Lines' cartoons are ever funny? While the drawings are okay in cartoon terms, I don't think I've ever found any of them remotely amusing. In the current issue the 'joke' is that a layout has a cameo depicting two 'steam fans' throwing Dr Beeching into a ditch. Apart from that being pathetic rather than amusing, it isn't even historically accurate in that Dr Beeching had nothing to do with the steam to diesel switch.

My feeling is that RM should either hire a funnier cartoonist or use the space for something more useful!

2. John Webb

John Webb Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The cartoon you refer to was in the April issue - I agree that the joke was not the best of the bunch! I generally find them good for a quiet chuckle or a wry smile.

Interestingly the May issue which came out last week doesn't have a cartoon - they seem to have a lot of news they needed the space for.......

3. Felix Holt

Felix Holt Guest

Ah, the May issue has not yet reached farthest Sweden....!