If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Train Sounds wanted

Discussion in 'Train Simulators' started by John Sturt, Aug 15, 2016.

1. John Sturt

John Sturt New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hello One and All
    Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place or not even remotely on topic.
    I have had a discussion with a friend about a sound box app i have written and the possible inclusion of train sound effects for him to play when using his model railway.
    I would like to hear from anyone who can help with links to resources of available sounds or indeed people who make such recordings.

Many Thanks
    John.

2. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I have a large archive of sound recordings I have made over the years. Just what are you after?

3. John Sturt

John Sturt New Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    Hello
    My friend talked about train whistles, boom gates?,train guard announcing all aboard! that sort of thing i guess. I have taken a look at the number of people on this website and am coming to the conclusion that a Train sound box would be of some value.
    I have never heard of boom gates but he is Austrailian so that might explainn it.
    Could you send me a small selection of sounds I can then code them into a an App.
    my email is
    jjsturt@googlemail.com
    I guess you are a bit of a fan of trains what do you think about a train sound box app? Would you download it? use it?

Any files / help greatly received.
    John
    Any files or subsequent App made with will not be published without your permission.
    Do you have a smartphone?If so whihch OS Android / Apple?