If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

263 Overhaul this year

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Dan Hill, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    On the Bluebell website for the Brach line weekend it says the H Class tank is to have it's overhaul begin this year.

2. David

David Member

water meter reader
    Hmmm it sounds good, however the E4, S15, 1178 and Camelot are supposed to be the next locos in line to be overhauled not forgetting the Q class has gone up the queue aswell so where the H class fits in to all this is anyone's guess. :-k

3. stepney60

stepney60 Nat Pres stalwart

It fits in with something I said about a week ago whereby people don't seem to know what will gon in the works next. It's been bumped up the order now the Bluebell owns it outright, as opposed to it being owned by the H class trust. If it's in good nick, fine, get it done and outshop it quickly, but if it's going to take forever and a day, i can't see the appeal.

4. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    I thought the firebox on it needed substantial work? Do we really need another locomotive dismantled in the yard - there won't be much left in the shed at this rate, it will be scattered all across the loco yard!

Regards,

Dan

5. David

David Member

water meter reader
    Yes as much as I'd love to see the H class overhauled and back in steam, in lined black, sorry Chris couldn't resist that, shouldn't the Bluebell just be concentrating their efforts on overhauling those locos that are already stripped down than start working on the H.

6. secr1084

secr1084 New Member

I think the advantage the H class has that it is owned by the Bluebell trust. That means its overhaul will be funded by the trust, so it will not cost the cash strapped plc any money. The trust may even be able to sub-contract work to other railways.

The trust will also be able to claim the tax back on any donations! They may already have a fund set up...