If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

35028 Clan Line to Work Sherborne Carol Service train 20/12/18

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Western Venturer, May 4, 2018.

1. Western Venturer

Western Venturer Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Just had the latest UK Railtours newsletter.. Great news that Clan Line is booked to work this years Sherborne Carol Service train on December 20th.
    http://www.ukrailtours.com/product/carols-at-sherborne-abbey/

2. derby2

derby2 New Member

Ran out of jobs
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    At the risk of lurching into pedant mode again, it's not really "this year's" Sherborne Carols train, as it will be the first time that Clan Line and UK Railtours have done such a trip. Certainly over many previous years there has been a train each December to Sherborne; originally sponsored by Steam Dreams, but more recently RTC. I note that Steam Dreams are also advertising a Sherborne Carols train, for Monday 17th December, utilising 61306 and trundling all round the houses from the Mid Hants Railway and via Havant. I have no idea whether RTC will be doing their own trip as well, but you can only get so many carols on the hymn sheet!
    For many people of course, a steam train to Sherborne is traditionally an excuse - as if one was needed - for a social gathering in the 'Digby Tap' near the station!