If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

6024 Bristol - Southall - 28th Nov

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Brunel, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Brunel

Brunel Member

This is just idle speculation from myself, but I see that 6024 is due to move light engine from Bristol to Southall on November 28th.

Her next tour is not due until December 30th - Paddington - Stratford and return.

Is she being moved to provide cover for 35028, in case she is not ready after her recent maintenance? 35028 is due to return to the mainline on December 3rd.

2. Mikem

Mikem Member

I too was wondering why 6024 was coming so soon but I guess she will still be warm after her trip to Shrewsbury.

Perhaps being kept in Southall as a backup over the run up to Christmas would make sense, however I doubt if she could

cover for the Surrey Hills tours which 35028 is mainly booked for.

Mike M. ( 70c )

3. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    More likely than anything to do with Clan Line who I believe has already been steamed and I presume will have a test run any day soon.

4. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I also did wonder why 6024 was moving to London so early before her next working. I also wondered about her being standby for some of the VSOE trips. 70000 could work the Surrey Hills circuit.

5. spindizzy

spindizzy Member

Painting and assembly of Clan Line was all but finished at the end of October

6. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

May just be simple as fitting schedules of the support crew ?! Don't know of anyone else but I am always busy in December.
    Where is "home" for 6024 these days ?

7. Mikem

Mikem Member

The updated 6024 website quotes she will be based at Barton Hill until 10th March 2012, so let's see what happens on Mon.28th.
    Does anyone have any positive details on the L/E move ? Jane usually comes up with a few answers.

Mike M. ( 70c)

8. gwr4090

gwr4090 Part of the furniture

Scientist (Rtd)
    Plans for 6024 are still fluid at present but it is likely to spend some time at the Locomotive Services depot at Southall until March 2012, since some of its forthcoming turns are on trains fom the London area. The date of the move from Bristol to Southall is not yet confirmed.

David

9. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

Mike -It now states Southall Locomotive Services from November until March. Note: - David Randles( Uk Steam Info) maintains the 6024 Website.

I suspect the reason for the early move, is crew availability. In addition to the VSOE, there are 4 Steam Dreams trips with Tornado in December, plus 1 UKR tour with Clan Line.

10. Mikem

Mikem Member

Thanks for the updates, I'm looking forward to seeing 6024 back in the London area it will be a bonus if she can
    do a run or two this side of Christmas.

Mike M. ( 70c )

11. aperture

aperture Member

Professional Photographer
    Gauging problems with Surrey Hills unfortunately-or anywhere in this neck of the woods 'down south'...shame.

12. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

I hear on the grapevine that Clan Line is pencilled in for an evening test run on Mon 21st Nov. Will probably be a potter around the suburbs.