If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

7027 Thornbury Castle photo request

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Steamchest, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Steamchest

Steamchest New Member

Coach driver
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    It's been a long wait, but 7027 is destined to feel the rush of steam in her cylinders once more. Yes, I've heard all the stories of the loco being a 'lost cause' and a 'no-hoper' but I have reasons to be hopeful.

I'm a vintage bus driver (it's the buses that are vintage, not me...) and I see 7027 every time I turn up to take a bus out as the loco is now under cover, sharing space with buses in Weston-super-Mare. If I have time, I glance around at all the parts that have been gathered from across the country in preparation for 7027's restoration.

I'm also involved in marketing projects for the company which owns the loco and this is where you come in. I'm gathering material for a new website dedicated to Thornbury Castle. It will have restoration news updates but also a history section and photo gallery.

Plenty of photos exist of 7027 in various states of dis-assembly but comparatively few show her when still in service with BR(W). I'm looking for any photos (in service or anytime since) with which to illustrate the history of the loco on her new website.

If you have any suitable photos (they must be your own or, if you are not the photographer, you own the copyright) that you would be happy to see appear on 7027's own website, please let me know. A PM would be ideal. You will of course be credited as the photographer or as having given your permission.

In due course 7027 will have her own page on the Book of Faces, for the benefit of those who do FB.

Many thanks!

[​IMG]