If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by 05micfis, May 25, 2009.

1. 05micfis

05micfis Member

How is the overhaul of 73156 coming on? Is she planned to run at Great Central or is she becoming mainline?

2. Kinghambranch

Kinghambranch Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Last time I saw this loco at Loughborough (in Jan 09) it was coming on very well indeed as far as I could tell (It looked fairly close to completion to me). I'm not a member of the 73156 Group or a member of the GCR (perhaps I should re-join) so I can't comment on 73156's future use. However, I understand that there are no plans to run the loco on the main line but it will, I believe, run on the GCR once completed. I'm sure others on this site will know more than I do but I hope this helps.

3. 05micfis

05micfis Member

Thank you for the reply. I would quite fancy a Standard 5 back on the mainline, as 73096 never came up north when she was mainline.

4. nickt

nickt Member

Here is their website, which doesn't seem to have been updated since March. I'm not a member; maybe someone who is can give us the latest news.

http://www.73156standard5group.co.uk/