If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

A few Previews

Discussion in 'Photography' started by pennysteam, Jan 20, 2009.

1. pennysteam

pennysteam Well-Known Member

analyst computer programmer
    With not much on this last weekend and with the up and comming winter gala's around the corner (at last!) I have been looking over some earlyer footage, with the leep forward in Youtube film qualty in the last year I thought some films desrved a second chance.

So with GCR gala a just over a week away I thought it was last years Autumn Gala was a suitable candidate for my first HD youtube film.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQm0YEFq6XE

Just released is another look in better quality and re-edited view of "Inside Barrow Hill Roundhouse", again not long before we get another visit.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3X3w2PcBHrQ
    This one is only just up to the higher qualtity should be in an hour or two (8pm GMT 20/01/09).

In the pipe line but could be while is a tribute to Green Arrow, without doubt the flagship of NRM for so many years.

2. pennysteam

Due to a car problem I encounted while getting my line side pass at GCR on Friday, I have had to sit out this weekend ELR gala, so I had chance instead to finish of a tribute film to Green Arrow.

[​IMG]
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3A-rrUZL9AE

3. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Added to favourites. Great Video including some great shots. That second one on the Churnet leaving Kingsley & Froghall is very good =D>

Have to agree with the comment about the Nene Valley shot though. Sounds more 2 cylinder than 3 cylinder and looks more of the 4-6-0 variety...

4. Swiss Toni

Swiss Toni Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed that tribute to "Green Arrow", I caught it's last outing at the NYMR as well, a fine looking loco.

5. pennysteam

Doh, hadn't noticed with it being a long shot that I had got the B1 by mistake on the nene valley shot. Can be pain, as you carn't replace a film with an update on youtube so I may live with it as it is not a long ( in time) shot.

6. pennysteam

Take 2, the link above nd the first one have been corrected to point to the new version, B1 still gets a look in but not without the green arrow, also managed to some how drop the one shot for three at nene valley without loosing contents on the rest.

7. hughesfowler

hughesfowler Member

great video, really enjoyed that, superb sound and pic quality, a very well done and thanks for sharing with us all