If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

A Polish day out.

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by RalphW, Jun 6, 2012.

1. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Those of nervous disposition should not watch this video as it includes people sitting at open doors as the train ambles through the countryside..

[youtube]OUenbINoL40[/youtube]

2. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Those tkt tanks are my favourite.... When Opened up the little engine barks like a Yorkshire terrier.

As for riding on carriage step boards with open doors on hot sunny days with the loco working hard as the countryside rolls past...that's one of my best memories of rail travel, fortunately I get to experience it a few times a year.

3. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I did have the pleasure of driving one from Wroclaw one year and as you say a real bark and with just 3 coaches, accelerated like the clappers. We were running on a diagram that was normally and electric unit so driving hard was the order of the day...