If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Another North West cancellation by RTC

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by charterplan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. charterplan

charterplan Member

Just to report that RTC have cancelled the North Wales express on Sun 1st September, although nothing again on their website.
    Do these companies know that people cant just take days off anytime they like, and ok we all know about network rail ect, but surely it is time that there should be some advance warning to engineering works,so people and locomotive owners are not inconvenienced, and that the nessesary diversions are put in the route.

2. gwr4090

gwr4090 Part of the furniture

Scientist (Rtd)
    This train was cancelled a long time ago.

3. Pete Thornhill

Pete Thornhill Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Administrator Moderator Friend

Out of interest were you booked on this trip? As your post suggests that maybe you were however if not and you were just photting it then I would say that it is not going to be priority to let you know if it is running or not and in this case maybe give David's post that he certainly knew it was cancelled a long time ago, maybe paying passengers were kept in the loop and knew this already, which is the main thing. If you were a passenger and you have only just heard but this has been off for a while then I agree your complaint is justified. I look forward to your clarification of in which sense you are talking.

4. charterplan

charterplan Member

I had friends (bus drivers/rail enthusiasts) booked on it, and also the Buxton one, which had been cancelled 3 times, they cant keep taking time off work only for it to be cancelled .