If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Avon Valley Railway Autumn Gala - 4th/5th November 2017

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by theonlyadsrulz, Oct 26, 2017.

1. theonlyadsrulz

theonlyadsrulz Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Now back to a November date, the Avon Valley Railway is holding it's end of season Autumn Gala over the weekend of the 4th/5th November 2017!

The main guest loco for this event will be Haydock Foundry Well Tank 'Bellerophon', courtesy of the Foxfield Railway and the Vintage Carriages Trust. 'Bellerophon' will be operating on an intensive timetable alongside long term guest 'Willy The Well Tank', as well as current resident locos Austerity WD132 'Sapper' and Polish Tank No 4015 'Karel'.

The intensive timetable will feature the usual mix of passenger and goods trains, with double heading and top and tailing also a feature of the event!

Some footplate rides are also available on our resident locos for £30, which includes the price of a day rover ticket (normally £15).

'Willy The Well Tank' will also be operating Driver For A Tenner between 10:30 and 14:00 each day on a first come, first served (cash only) basis!

For more information as it comes in then head over to the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AVRbitton/, and head over to http://www.avonvalleyrailway.org/events/autumn-gala/ for links to purchase footplate ride tickets and the working timetable (to be updated soon to include Willy The Well Tank)!

2. theonlyadsrulz

theonlyadsrulz Member

Reminder that the gala is this weekend, Bellerophon had a successful FTR last Sunday so all ready to go! The working timetable for the event is available HERE, featuring a variety of combinations on goods and passenger trains including double headed Well Tanks with Bellerophon and Willy at various point during the day. We hope many of you will attend to make this a successful event!

Three footplate rides are also still available on the home fleet locos (Sapper & Karel), with two on Saturday and one on Sunday available HERE.

[​IMG]

Bluenosejohn likes this.
  3. nick813

nick813 Well-Known Member Loco Owner

I will be there on Saturday. The bloke with a 813 badge!

4. free2grice

free2grice Part of the furniture Friend

Retired Rolls-Royce engineer
    No I do not currently volunteer
    An excellent gala today with visiting locos Bellerophon and the Kerr Stuart proving very popular. The timetable was packed with plenty of passenger and goods trains and the crews were very enthusiastic which added to the enjoyment. Towards the end of the day the timetable had slipped by 35 mins but few of the passengers were worried. Well done to the Avon Valley Railway, an excellent effort. <BJ>

Copper-capped likes this.
  5. MAPLE CHRIS

MAPLE CHRIS Member

Good day today on the Avon valley railway some nice photos first thing and a good footplate ride with Sapper in the afternoon its good to see the young volunteers covering lots of duties helping to keep this steam railway going into the future.

6. theonlyadsrulz

theonlyadsrulz Member

Thanks to everyone who attended over the two days and helped to support the event! We hope you all enjoyed yourselves, the crews certainly did! Here's my video and a few photos form the Saturday of the event!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bluenosejohn, 30854 and ilvaporista like this.
  7. nick813

nick813 Well-Known Member Loco Owner

Oh dear,I can be seen in the AVR video!