If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Best video editing software

Discussion in 'Photography' started by dace83, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

I'm getting my much awaited laptop in June from Dell and it has fire wire on it- the wait is over!!

anyway anyone know a good VES, I think any price up to £50 would be considerable.
    thanks

2. Nexuas

Nexuas Well-Known Member

Theatre Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Over double your budget, but Adobe Premier elements is probably the best...

3. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    You are going to have a problem with that budget, unfortunately the good stuff costs. Quite a few on here use Pinnacle in it's various editions. If you are going to be using HD then you may find the cheaper software is pre HD and cannot cope with it, also the earlier versions will not work with Vista.
    Just checking on Amazon and I see that Pinnacle 12 is now cheaper that I thought. This is the one I use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pinnacle-System ... 496&sr=8-1

Another thing to consider is you processor speed and memory, all editing software demands large amounts of memory and disc space. 2.4Ghz advised, 2 GB for HD........

4. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

I'll be working with non HD stuff as I only have a cheap DV camera. The laptop is a £400 dell studio 15 laptop which has good memory etc.
    I could maybe go to £100 if I wait until Christmas

5. Diamond Gaz

Diamond Gaz Well-Known Member

Are any of these programmes able to decode a dvd, and let me edit the footage? I need to make a short promo clip to go on Youtube for a DVD that's being sold.

6. Columbine

Columbine Member

I have used both Pinnacle and Ulead. Both are excellent with Pinnacle being the easier to use but Ulead needs fewer computer resources. You can read in from a camcorder, edit the footage, put titles on etc with either of these packages. You can produce a dvd from either or output a .flv file for uploading to YouTube as you want.

Regards

7. sigsnguard

sigsnguard Member

Ulead (now Corel) VideoStudio X2 Pro currently on the Corel UK web site for £57.50 (plus the usual P&P). Should be able to get it from Amazon or somewhere else for less. Seems to be a pretty good buy and works OK. If you are new to video editing, like I was, it seems fairly simple to get the footage off your camcorder and into a format for DVD.

8. ralphchadkirk

ralphchadkirk New Member Account Suspended

Nero Suite does that very well, but does cost a lot.

For my editing I use Adobe Premeire Pro, and Adobe After Effects Pro, though thats a bit out your budget.

9. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

That sounds excellent thanks