If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bluebell Railway Edwardian Weekend

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Rlangham, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Rlangham

Rlangham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When I found out one of my favourite lines was holding an Edwardian weekend, I thought my dreams had come true - and they were! The Bluebell easily has the best collection of Victorian and Edwardian locomotives and rolling stock in the country and most likely the world, plus most are in pre-grouping colours which is a very, very refreshing change. Very pleased with my photographs from the day, and looking forward to seeing the results of the two films from my 1917 Kodak camera which I ploughed through

[​IMG]

South Eastern & Chatham Railway H Class 0-4-4T 263 of 1905 with the rake of Metropolitan Railway carriages dating from 1898-1900

[​IMG]

SECR P Class 178 of 1910

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trio of Victorian four wheelers departs Sheffield Park between SECR P Class 323 'Bluebell'

[​IMG]

The lovely SECR double header

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LSWR 3rd Class brake of 1910

[​IMG]

The 'reconstruction' of Beachy Head using the GNR Atlantic boiler discovered years ago, a very exciting project

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SECR locomotives leave Horsted Keynes hauling the Metropolitans (plus GNR Directors Saloon and LNWR Observation Carriage)

[​IMG]

Love 'Birdcage' vehicles, this is an SECR 2nd/3rd 'Birdcage' Brake of 1910, in Southern Railway colours

[​IMG]

Unfortunately SECR C Class 0-6-0 592 was out of action, and so replaced by Southern Railway 1638

[​IMG]

View from East Grinstead viaduct

[​IMG]

P Class 178

[​IMG]

178's cab

[​IMG]

'Stepney', A1X Terrier of 1875, was celebrating it's 138th birthday on Saturday, giving brake van rides to members of the 'Stepney Club'. Later in the day whilst giving rides it wore special headcodes, including a circular one at the base of the chimney with 'I AM 138' painted on it!

Jamessquared likes this.