If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bluebell Rly Goods Train Gala 2005-08

Discussion in 'Photography' started by David-Haggar, Jul 8, 2012.

1. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    Hi all

I've just completed a web album of slide scans from the brilliant Goods Train gala we used to stage from 2005 to 08. Such a shame this gala was pulled from the special events calender, especially when you look back at the 07 event when we could muster up two superb sets of vintage wagons and 14 wagons in total. How I wish this event would be reinstated in the calender. Here is the link

https://picasaweb.google.com/105454...aySGoodsTrainGalas?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Cheers

2. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    I was reminded of that the other day David.

Best regards
    Chris:

3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Pensioner!
    Yes, very much one of the best days in the Bluebell's calendar. The more recent 'Family Fun Days' were good too, but that was another idea that was dumped.

Regards

4. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    Yes it's disappointing that not too long ago we could see up to 14 vintage wagons in service compared to today's short, be very high quality, rake of wagons currently available. The recently restored 2 plank SECR wagon looks stunning and is a credit to the guys who worked on it. However when you see all those wagons that have been dumped up in the sidings at Kingscote for a number of years now which used to form our two vintage sets it really is sad to see. The gala itself was always very enjoyable every year, well organised and undoubtedly very popular with the enthusiasts. I just hope that once E.G is fully completed the event will be reinstated in the special events calender.

Cheers