If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Budapest Railway Museum.

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by 45669, May 9, 2009.

1. 45669

45669 Part of the furniture

Retired
    Evening All,

A friend of mine has recently visited the Railway Museum in Budapest and he sent me some pictures for my Fotopic website. If anyone is interested to have a look, here's the link :

http://ronfisher.fotopic.net/c1099919.html

They are currently in the 'Stop Press!' collection along with the other recent additions. In due course, however, I shall move them to a newly created collection for Hungarian Railways.

Hope that they are of interest.

2. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    For those interested in the Hungarian Collection a tour is organised every September by Railtrail [ www.railtrail.co.uk ] to view the Annual Grand Steam Challenge which brings a variety of locomotives from all over Europe to visit the 34-road covered roundhouse as well as the turntable where the locomotives were photographed.

The weekend event also includes 2 photo charters at least - one with the vintage train of 1896 rolling stock plus 1900-built 204 and one on a narrow-guage Forest Railway plus admission to the museum on both days of the challenge. The visit includes an evening meal plus enterainment plus unlimited free booze with the driving teams on Saturday nights as they party in the roundhouse and creates a weekend without comparison.

Fuller details available on the Railtrail website.as noted above.