If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bus Rally & Armed Forces Day at EOR THIS weekend (30/06 + 01/07)

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by SR-Simon, Jun 28, 2012.

1. SR-Simon

SR-Simon New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    This weekend sees TWO events at EOR -
    SATURDAY 30th is Armed Forces Day, and to mark the occasion serving members of the armed forces will be able to travel at Concessions rates. This offers an idea opportunity for members of the armed forces to relax and enjoy a day out with their loved ones, travelling on heritage transport. There will also be a collection on the train for an armed forces charity.

SUNDAY 1st July is the annual NLTS Bus Rally on North Weald airfield. This is the second largest rally in the country with over 200 heritage buses and coaches on display! While entry to the rally and use of the 396 is £9 per adult, there are discounts available to those visiting both the bus rally and heritage railway.
    To help you get to the rally there are two bus services - both our normal 339 bus from Epping to North Weald, and a special 396 service which runs from Epping Tube station and High Street to the airfield, with the 396 service additionally running between the airfield to North Weald railway station from 11:40 til 16:00.

On BOTH days Epping Ongar Railway will be operating an intensive service, using Pitchford Hall and Class 37 (D6729) working every hour between Ongar and North Weald, and the diesel shuttle every 30 mins (using Class 31 31438 + Class 03 03170) from North Weald into Epping Forest. Our tickets are great value for money as offer unlimited travel on all THREE heritage transport experiences (steam, diesel and 339 bus).

We look forward to welcoming you down to "London's Local Line", and the only heritage railway you can access from your Oyster Card (I believe from as little as £1.40!)....

2. SR-Simon

SR-Simon New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I should also add that the 396 shuttle between the bus rally and North Weald heritage station will operate EVERY 20 mins between 11:40 and 16:00. :eek:)