If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cheshire Cat Tours - Aberystwyth to York 18th August

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by *8A*, Jul 9, 2011.

1. *8A*

*8A* New Member

There is a new kid on the block in the railtour market, they apparently have already had a couple of successful tours.

At the moment they are only using modern traction but hope to develop into steam/heritage diesel.

On the 18th August they intend to run a tour to York and Durham from Aberystwyth using class 37 traction (3 over the Cambrian section!) via Shrewsbury and Crewe, picking up along the way.

Now, these days we get the occasional tour into Aberystwyth but I can't remember the last time we had a tour out of Aberystwyth, especially with locomotive/coaching stock (excluding the Cambrians of course).

So this is an appeal to all those living in the Mid-Wales/Shrewsbury area to support this one and hopefully in the not too distant future we may get a steam tour!

http://www.cheshirecattours.co.uk/i...05&catid=40:tours-available-to-book&Itemid=58

BTW, I have no connection with Cheshire Cat, but would just like to encourage any additional use of the Cambrian Lines, especially rail tours, and give residents in this part of the world a day out to places that are difficult if not impossible to get to by service trains .

2. 17F

17F Guest

deleted

3. *8A*

*8A* New Member

Yes their website clearly states that Pathfinder are handling the bookings.

4. Jeff Albiston

Jeff Albiston Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Looks a good little company, hoping that all the tours for this yar are a success & look forward to booking my on their steam tours in the near future!!