If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Church Fenton to Colton Junction, over the years (without the wires)

Discussion in 'Photography' started by steamingyorkshire, Mar 22, 2021.

1. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    One of the perks of lockdown has been reviewing footage from recent years, one selection of clips that I've taken interest in is those from the section of line from Colton Junction to Church Fenton, on the outskirts of York. As the line is currently being electrified, a collection of locations will emerge from lockdown looking very different.
    I've added a collection of clips from recent years at locations between Colton Junction and Church Fenton. Locomotives include 5043, 7029, 60163, 60103, 70013 and 45690.

Video Available Here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D1039 likes this.
  2. Davo

Davo Well-Known Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    Does this mean that in future on this stretch of track out of York at Colton jct we will still be able to watch steam excursions? even when the wires get switched on for EMU,s to go from leeds to York via Church Fenton I've stopped many of times riding my push bike to York from Leeds on my way to the N.Y.M.R. on the bridges near Appleton roebuck watching the coal trains going up to ferry bridge the 125,s and 225,s T.P.E,S from Leeds and also witnessed 45407 and 44871 heading back from the N.Y.M.R.
    going back somewhere at Colton jct when I was going back to Leeds from 1 of the N.Y.M.R. galas, and I've also done numerous railway tours mainly from the ferry bridge direction on 45699 46115 on the Scarborough spa,s 48151 and 35018 double heading on the Wensleydale, 60163 on numerous U.K.R.T. tours 70000 on the White rose and 7029 on the Xmas White rose and even 60009 on one of its last tours in 2020 February on the valentines white rose. it's been a nice spot I guess for various Photters and Enthusiasts to watch different Steam excursions over the years of the preservation movement at Colton jct near the village of Appleton roebuck.
    Davo 56F

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  3. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't be able to watch them? The ECML has been electrified for many years now and steam excursions head from London to York. As per my previous post, a collection of locations will look rather 'different' as we emerge from lockdown.
    Simon