If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cornwall Railway Society on 10th September

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by nanstallon, Aug 15, 2016.

1. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    You are invited to a special meeting organised by the Cornwall Railway Society on Saturday 10th September.

Christian Wolmar (author of several authoritative books and frequent contributor to radio, TV and press debates about the problems and challenges facing Britain's railways) and Nigel Harris (Editor of Rail magazine) will be discussing the present state of Britain's railway system after twenty years of privatisation and addressing the important questions of how it will develop in the coming years. .

There will be opportunities to express opinions and ask questions of our speakers and the evening promises to produce a lively debate on subjects such as
    • the future shape of rail transport in Cornwall
    • privatisation
    • the role of Network Rail and the Train Operating Companies
    • major developments such as HS2 and HS3
    • electrification
    • train design

and many more.

The meeting will begin at 18.30 at Redruth Community Centre, Foundry Row, Redruth, TR15 1AN.
    Admission is free and light refreshments will be provided - donations welcome.
    The CRS bookstall will be open for the sale of a range of titles on all aspects of railways.

This meeting is open to all and we look forward to welcoming you to this important event.

6960 Raveningham Hall likes this.
  2. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Good morning, everyone.

I regret to say that due to unavailability of one of the speakers, we cannot proceed as per original post. We are hoping to have a meeting with presentations by some of our own members, but I didn't want to disappoint anyone who comes to our meeting, expecting what has been advertised.

My apologies for inconvenience.

John Ball