If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Derelict Schneider 0-6-2 saved

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by GCR567 Project, Feb 12, 2016.

1. GCR567 Project

GCR567 Project New Member

The derelict Schneider 0-6-2 that has lain near St Valery in Northern France since 1944 has ben saved for preservation and is now at the Musee MTVS. The picture attached is of the loco in 2012.

Attached Files:

2. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Nothing a lick of paint won't put right. :)

3. Miff

Miff Part of the furniture Friend

Is the other one still there?

4. GCR567 Project

GCR567 Project New Member

I certainly hope that it has, I will be there in April and if no one has been able to advise before then, will post an update. The survival of these locomotives is a very interesting tale and it is very pleasing to see that the remains of the Schneider might be rebuilt one day. As far as I can work out, it would have looked very similar if not identical to the attached picture.

Attached Files:

5. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Was this one of the couple just outside Noyelles, or the ones at the top of the incline to Crotoy?

6. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

It was definitely one of the ones in the dump alongside the line to Cayeux - Le Crotoy is the other side of the bay. I see MTVS who bought it are developing a new metre gauge line not so far away at Crevecoeur Le Grand on the far side of Amiens, must try and find a way to take a look. What with that and the 60cm Haut Somme line at Froissy there could soon be a "Grands Petits Trains de Picardie" association.
    Tim

timmydunn likes this.