If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Drawings and info for a 7 1/4" gauge build

Discussion in 'Miniature Railways' started by 4468BenV, Dec 23, 2011.

1. 4468BenV

4468BenV New Member

Hi everyone.

Am wanting a little bit of info if anyone can help.

Search

Does anyone know of anymore information on this type of locomotive?

I recently visited the National Railway Museum on Tuesday as they had listed a drawing of a loco of this age that I hoped was going to be the right one. Alas it was the single cylinder version and not this one though, from what I can gather, this became an almost standard type of design for industrial companies and could be made to various gauges. The mineral line in Cornwall that ran through Carharrack used an 0-4-2 version on a 4 foot gauge track. Shape wise it was the same, or as far as I can tell it was.

The reason I have asked is because I would like to use this as my first attempt at having a go at building a locomotive for 7 1/4". I have printed the page that I have linked off and made some basic measurements and converted them for 7 1/4" but any help with other info on the engines would be much appreciated

Regards Ben