If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

East Somerset Railway "Spring into STeam" Gala 4th&5th April

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Roosterrory, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Roosterrory

Roosterrory Member

Fireman/Fitter at PDSR
    The ESR is holding it's first gala of the year this coming wknd, resident engines USA Tank 30075 ad 813 (subject to succesful steam test on thursday after re-tubing) and 1719 lady Nan will be in steam. The timetable will feature an intensive mix of passenger and freight train's, customers will be able to ride in the brake van's on the freight trains also. Driver for a Fiver will be in poeration when Lady Nan is not required for shunting.

The footpath is open to get some nice shots of the engines coming up the bank and it is hoped to have the phtographic area by the signal box re-opened, but this is subject to completion of the fencing. I believe lineside passes are available to be issued, this will be confirmed on teh website (which unfortunatley hasn't been up-dated with info for the wknd so far ](*,) ) hence me posting about it here.

Hope to have some of you down

2. 37255

37255 Guest

Is there any chance of Lady Nan doing a passenger train at some point? :) Or failing that a freight, if passengers are to be allowed to travel on the brake vans... Being the undoubted star of the show and that \:D/

3. Roosterrory

Roosterrory Member

Fireman/Fitter at PDSR
    well she is a bit small, but that never stopped them in teh good old day's lol obviously it's ultimately up to the ownerwhat she is allowed to do, i suspect she'll do the mega shunt up to cranmore shed like she has done in orevious years, now that is a sight and a half...... \:D/

4. basher

basher Member

Musician
    Sounds good :)

Can you reccomend the best way to get there by public transport? I'm travelling by bus from Bath, so I presume a trip to Wells is in order, to change there?

It looks a good event!

Will the working timetable be published online, prior to the event?

5. 37255

37255 Guest

That sounds good too! Has any form of timetable been written? I wouldn't want to miss that! And if it hasn't, maybe Lady Nan could run some distance with a passenger train, maybe T&T with something so it can have a shot at at least part of the bank? :D Well it can't hurt to ask!

6. Roosterrory

Roosterrory Member

Fireman/Fitter at PDSR
    basher, you will want to catch teh 267 Firstbus service to Frome, where you can then catch teh 161or 162 First bus service to wells, which will stop incranmore, outside the pub i think. Which is only a 5 minute walk from teh railway. and a top notch pub it is too.

Timetable may or may not have been written yet, it will go along similar lines of previous gals'a with just the resident engines, i would go along with that untill the timetable is released. I'm firing 813 on saturday and i have no idea what the timetable is yet!!!

7. free2grice

free2grice Part of the furniture Friend

Retired Rolls-Royce engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    No. No. Not Wells. Cranmore is between Shepton Mallet and Frome.
    Change at either of these. <BJ>

8. 37255

37255 Guest

Is any form of timetable available now for tomorrow? Thanks

9. Columbine

Columbine Member

I went to this event and found it most enjoyable.

Regards

10. Columbine

Columbine Member