If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Ecclesbourne Steam in the Valley Weekend June 15/16 2019

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Spirax, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Spirax

Spirax New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Late post
    But this weekend is the EVR's first ever steam gala with 4 locomotives in steam, L+Y 52322 and BR Standard 2MT 78018 are operating the Duffield line on both days and will be passing at Shottle.

The two resident Andrew Barclays will be taking it in turns to operate the Ravenstor incline and providing brake van rides from Platform one at Wirksworth.

The Station Cafe at Wirksworth will be open from 9am both Saturday and Sunday.

Hope everyone that can visit has a great day out!

https://www.e-v-r.com/steaminthevalley/

2. zep108

zep108 Member

logistics
    Sheff likes this.
  3. jasa76

jasa76 New Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    Only managed the Saturday morning, but had an enjoyable time and spent a few pounds in the shop.

What I missed though was what was the number of the leading coach on the 09:25 departure? I can't quite make it out on my pictures. Thanks in advance.

4. Davo

Davo Well-Known Member

My contribution from ecclesbourne valley line on yellow timetable i had to wait 3 hours til 12:10pm 29 june in duffield. Anyreaon why dmu at 10:10 am

Attached Files:

5. D7076

D7076 Well-Known Member

Well the first train is booked a diesel loco on yellow timetable .Currently only 33 and 73 available so may have been dmu re crew availability .

6. Davo

Davo Well-Known Member

I arrived at duffield at 9am (too eary) asked if the DMU is running on yellow timetable i got told only on certain days ON THE 10:10am dep duffield marked with a asterix, so no DMU running yesterday and had to wait 3 hours for the 2mt 78018 at 12:11PM DEP Duffield and have a very long walk and wait in Duffield village talking to local people and looking at the arcitecture and history of the village tried to see if there were a bus to irdridgehay or shottle but no direct bus to meet the steam service half way down the line at irdridgehay so waited til 12:10pm and had 2 full round trips and did the last service up to wirksworth and caught a bus to mill lane off the A6 and walked it to Cromford mill and had a look round it and the Cromford canal which i dident know of comes up to the roadside in a basin i walked to Cromford station it has very nice midland architeture and a good barge board gabled canopy. Anyhow i think next time ile try from Wirksworth and come down from derby to cromford on th hourly train to cromford then on the bus to Wirksworth to get a full line 3 down 3 up steam service.
    Davo 56F