If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Enfield Pageant of Motoring, 28th May 2022.

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by D1002, May 28, 2022.

1. D1002

D1002 Resident of Nat Pres

Slideshow:

Victor likes this.
  2. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

https://www.whitewebbsmuseum.co.uk/html/body_enfield_pageant.html
    43rd Pageant !! Goodness, how time flies. I remember going to the first one when I lived very close to the Playing Fields.
    I also remember attending one year when it was more than a little damp. Traction engines present caused many a rut in the many football pitches and I seem to recall it cost EDVVT quite a bit to fill in where necessary. I notice they don't appear listed as attractions anymore. Still, I hope the auto-jumble is still as incredible as it used to be.
    Happy memories.

3. D1002

D1002 Resident of Nat Pres

:(
    Not as good as it used to be. All Fairground rides and fast food outlets now. Have to walk a long way to find a vintage car:(.

4. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

Ah. Not so good news.
    It used to cover a large acreage although there was still plenty of room to wander round for a good viewing and unobstructed photos.
    Reading https://www.whitewebbsmuseum.co.uk/html/body_enfield_pageant_history.html I think I must have attended the first one at the Playing Fields.
    In all my years living in Enfield I never attended any of EDVVT's numerous open days at Whitewebbs Museum of Transport - my loss.