If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

F. C. Hibberd & Co. 2914

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by maddog, Sep 18, 2011.

1. maddog

maddog New Member

Hello, I'm looking for information of the whereabouts or existence of F. C. Hibberd & Co. 2914 as originally supplied to Weston-s-Mare Gasworks in 1944. I've looked everywhere and the only whereabouts is http://chasewaterstuff.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/early-rps-diesel-locos/ So i fear that it has long since been scrapped. As someone from weston it's a very interesting loco to me.
    Many thanks if anyone can help.

Maddog.

2. guard_jamie

guard_jamie Part of the furniture

Signalman
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  3. maddog

maddog New Member

Thanks for the reply, though it doesn't seem to be there? The stock list makes no mention of it either, number 20 and 21 are the ones in the article that are still in their ownership, or have i overlooked something?

Have found another page on the chasewater railway site that says " a small "Planet" diesel went to Brian Roberts' Tollerton Farm Railway" I'd assume this is the loco i'm chasing?

4. RSH8343

RSH8343 New Member

Industrial Locomotives Handbook 14EL (Industrial Railway Society, 2006) has Hibberd 2914 as being with an unknown owner in the Uttoxeter area as at 1st January 2006.

I can't find my copy of 15EL, which might have more up to date information, at the moment.

5. guard_jamie

guard_jamie Part of the furniture

Signalman
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Sorry, my mistake.

6. RSH8343

RSH8343 New Member

I have found my copy of Industrial Locomotives 15EL, and there is no mention of Hibberd 2914 at all.

Rifling through the amendment lists for the 14EL publication gives me the information that Hibberd 2914 was never at the Uttoxeter location and hence the current status and location of the loco are unknown (as at November 2007).

7. Young Buster

Young Buster New Member

Qualified Engineer that Drives Lorries and lives o
    Have concidered the Hibbard at Bideford Railway Museam? I think they only bought it about 6/8ish years ago?

Dont know the number though :(

8. maddog

maddog New Member

9. Young Buster

Young Buster New Member

Qualified Engineer that Drives Lorries and lives o
    Cool, 3832 is bidefords i have now been told, and as photo shows. Sadly though, It was left full of water last winter, so if anyone knows for a spare Dorman 6LG Engine, they could use one as theirs resembles an opened engine in a museam so kids can see the inside :bowl: