If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

F&WHR / WHHR joint statement

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by AndrewT, Feb 21, 2011.

1. AndrewT

AndrewT Member

F&WHR Spin Doctor
    FYI, the following joint F&WHR / WHHR statement has been issued to the railway trade press today.

Statement
    19th February 2011

Martyn Owen, Chairman of the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway and John Prideaux, Chairman of the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways, met on 19th February. The meeting was considered by both to be constructive and positive.

John Prideaux indicated that various forms of cooperation had been suggested to WHHR in the past, and that these options were still open if the parties were able to move forward in a spirit of cooperation.

One of the options discussed was the possibility of operating occasional special trains using WHHR stock. Discussions in this regard and to resolve various outstanding issues, will continue.

John Prideaux
    Martyn Owen

2. Autotank

Autotank Member

Radio Producer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Bit vague, but I hope this means we'll see some WHHR trains running through the Pass if not this year then next. What is the latest on Russel?

3. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Good news, as far as it goes. Hope they can finally bury the past and move forward together to the benefit of both parties and their supporters.

4. SillyBilly

SillyBilly Member

Student
    Probably all depends on the impending EGM.

5. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    ...... which has now taken place ...... SEE NEWS ITEM HERE .... looks like good news for future co-operation

6. RGCorris

RGCorris Member

As an outside observer with no axe to grind, it would be nice to think that the votes at the WHHR EGM have put an end to their internecine strife and they can get back to making the most of what they have, with the possibility of future co-operation with RhE, even if that may have to wait for a change of personnel elsewhere. I hope that it may not be too long before we can see Russell and the faux-590 steaming through Aberglaslyn, even if only on special occasions. Porthmadog to Pont Croesor is only really an hors d'oeuvre for the glories to come further north and perhaps wouldn't have been a great idea as a service anyway.

Richard