If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Photo Charters - November 2015

Discussion in 'Photography' started by acw71000, Nov 6, 2015.

1. acw71000

acw71000 Member Friend

Part One of two videos covering four days of the Bob Branch organised charters on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways. This video includes scenes from the Ffestiniog Railway filmed on Monday and Tuesday, 2nd. & 3rd. November. Thanks to Bob Branch, his able assistants and all involved at the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways for a wonderful event

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Well filmed and put together. The longer sequences were most enjoyable as they gave the impression of a "proper" train rather than just an obvious run past.

3. Johnb

Johnb Nat Pres stalwart

Retired, best job I've ever had
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The weather seen on the Monday in the above fine video didn't last for my couple of days on the Welsh Highland, it was what I call 2000ISO light. I've tried to extract a bit of colour in these images but will probably look better when I convert to B&W.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

4. acw71000

acw71000 Member Friend

Thank you. Yes I agree about the longer sequences, one of the difficulties with editing video from a charter is trying not to make it look like a series of run pasts

Fine set of photos John, we must have been standing very close to one another at times!

5. pennysteam

pennysteam Well-Known Member

analyst computer programmer
    Nice, its Pity from a video point of view you didn't have longer runs on a lot of the shots, but its to be expected on a photo charter, as it happens we were there a few days before on the 26th to 29th with he first two days on FFestiniog before one day on WHR, before spending three days at Llangollen over the weekend.

6. acw71000

acw71000 Member Friend

Thanks Ken, it can be quite difficult for videographers on these events as obviously we are in the minority so long runs just aren't possible a lot of the time. I think it's good to have a variety of long and short shots actually.Perhaps it's time that a dedicated videographers charter group to be set up!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    jonathonag likes this.
  7. acw71000

acw71000 Member Friend

The second part of my video from the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway Photo Charters organised by Bob Branch. This instalment includes scenes on the Welsh Highland on 4th. and 5th. November.

Johnb likes this.