If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

GATWICK EXPRESS AT BARRY TOURIST RAILWAY SATURDAY 26TH MARCH

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by Bluebell, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Bluebell

Bluebell New Member

Director of Barry Rail Centre & Tourist Railway
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    GATWICK EXPRESS AT BARRY TOURIST RAILWAY SATURDAY 26TH MARCH

We've been busy over the winter period and have installed a generator in our GATEX GLV driving trailer so that we are now able to fully 'power up' our Gatwick Express coaches. For the first time this coming Saturday we'll be using the Gatwick Express carriages with all the systems working - we should be able to operate the air conditioning, lighting, internal doors and central door locking - just like a Gatwick Express train should! We've tested the full train this last week and it worked fine.

So if all goes to plan, on Saturday 26th March we intend to run the GATEX stock in service in push-pull mode with our Class 73 Electro Diesel 73118.

Come and experience an authentic Southern (our GLV is an ex-HAP emu carriage) / InterCity Mk 2F Gatwick Express experience next Saturday!

We're also running some of our other trains on the other days over the coming Easter Bank Holiday as follows:-

Good Friday - IRIS II (Ex BR Derby Research) Railcar set
    Saturday - Class 73 with Gatwick Express stock and GLV operating in push-pull mode
    Easter Sunday - Sentinel Steam loco 'Susan' hauling IRIS coaches
    Monday - IRIS II Railcar set

Our heritage trains depart at 11.35, 13.10, 14.10 and 15.10 from Barry Island Station each day for a 40 minute 'round trip to Gladstone Bridge platform, including a guided locomotive shed tour.

Fun for enthusiast and the family alike .......and no need to book....... just turn up and go.

Every child gets a free Easter Bunny gift too.

Fares are £7.50 adult, £4.50 child, £16 Family ticket.
    Enthusiasts 4-day unlimited travel 'Easter Easy Rider' ticket £25 adult, £10 accompanied child.

Please note we reserve the right to change the roster and substitute the booked train set for another should, for any reason, the rostered set, loco or crew not be available.

John Buxton
    Director
    http://www.barrytouristrailway.co.uk
    See us on Facebook

CH 19 likes this.
  2. Stuart Chapman

Stuart Chapman New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi John
    Can you let me know what's running over the May bank holiday as I'm planning to make my first visit?

Thanks

Stuart