If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

GWR 10" horizontal wheel castings

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by pmh_74, Jan 18, 2011.

1. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I looked for 'signalling' and failed to find it. Lots of sections of forum for things which make smoke and noise but not for coloured things on sticks. Anyway...

Does anyone have a GWR-pattern triple 10" horizontal wheel casting, rusty & seized as you like so long as the casting isn't broken, preferably with wheels but we might have spares if not, the frame is the most important bit.

They look like this:
    s3850e.JPG

They differ from the BR ones by having smaller fixing holes at closer spacing, thinner wheels (so the total unit is not as tall), and very possibly a different size spindle.

Might be able to offer a BR one or a GWR single or double in exchange, though that would be subject to discussion.

Cheers if you can help.
    Phil

2. John Webb

John Webb Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Another website where you will find a lot of signalling related stuff is John Hinson's www.signalbox.org - the main site has a sales/needs section and the associated Forum has an 'S&T' section where your request can be posted as well.

3. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, will give that a try when I get a moment. Thanks.

4. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

Nobody?