If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

GWR 175 - Twilight - 23 & 24 October

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Brunel, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Brunel

Brunel Member

GWR 175 - Twilight - 23 & 24 October - Didcot Railway Centre

I see on the Didcot Railway Centre website :

http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/events/other_items/popup_prog.html#september

that they are holding another evening photoshoot on October 23rd, with the centre open until 10pm.

Does anyone know if you can just turn up on the day for this event, or whether you need to book in advance?

The photo shoot back in May was 'book in advance' through Steam Charters, but there does not appear to be any information concerning how to book on the website.

2. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    This is a public evening and is not run as a photographic evening as Phil and I did in May . I'm not sure what sort of lighting will be used

3. Pannier Man

Pannier Man Member

Network Rail - Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Ah well, this one's fast approaching at Didcot now. Both Panniers, 3650 and 3738 plus 5322 are rostered. Staying open to late Saturday evening is similar to the good old fashioned photographers evening we used to do each year, so to quote the website:-

GWR 175 - Twilight (Enthusiasts' Weekend) - 23-24 October
    Some of our more unusual rolling stock will be in use and locomotives will be displayed around the centre giving unusual photographic opportunities. The Centre will open late on Saturday night with some areas floodlit to offer further challenges to the photographer!

•Vintage Train
    •Goods Train
    •Shunting in the yard
    •Locomotive line-ups