If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

hello from shillingstone

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by shillingstone, Mar 25, 2010.

1. shillingstone

shillingstone New Member

evning people im new on here so thort i would show myself and say hi i am a mager member of the project at shllingstone on S&DJR which is just beging but have sume good members helping to move evrythink forwood

Alex ..

2. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Alex, what are the plans at Shillingstone? I visited it for the first time at the weekend and was most impressed with the work that has gone on there; in the recent 2-part Ivo Peters DVD it's still derelict and no track! Somebody was saying that you have an 0-6-0 on its way and that you're building a signal box soon?
    All the best and keep up the good work!

Ralph

3. shillingstone

shillingstone New Member

Hay ralph thanx ime glad that you liked what you sea the 0-6-0 desail hydrolik shunter is a bit of a dreem at the moment and is a bit premitur as whe havnt got a runing like yet.but enyway i am determind for the signl box to be started end of this summer beging of next we are apling for grants to help whith timbers and so on im geting plans dron up for it and i have bin working on the foundatisons need to sort dranige as its fluding at presont but all this will be sorted
    Alex.....

4. shillingstone

shillingstone New Member

1. o and yes I see where your coming from with the dereliction there are major politics going on as I’m shore sum people on her may be aware of and sum might not but anyway there are to people who I can’t name who where kicked of midsummer Norton track gang for being dangerous and so on. guess where they ended up rather than trying to get track items donated there baying it at scrap price £ 1000 per 30 foot panel so we’re never going to get anywhere fast will there still around sorry you had to her that but rater people knew the troth that’s why nothing much happens here on track front and were being strangled by the 9f which is politically stopping us from receiving any grant’s however small so all bit mess at present

5. Maunsell man

Maunsell man Well-Known Member

Senior Finance Auditor
    No - lost it totally on the last post. Can anyone translate into English?

6. shillingstone

shillingstone New Member

sorry didnt have spell checking on

7. Maunsell man

Senior Finance Auditor
    Why is the 9F strangling the scheme?

8. shillingstone

shillingstone New Member

morning star owner's basicly wants the trust to pay fore its restoration from the condition it is in naw to mane line running condition in one way ore another .we berly have the mony to do the statison up let alone the money to rebild a loco that once coplete will be over the weight limit of the only rode route out of shillingstone hes basicly tearing the trust apart to get what he wonts.its to big fore what we wont to start us off we are to smoler project to have a 9f on sight and hes upset all the locels in are comunaty whith his big plans and hebran sceems :(

9. MartinBall

MartinBall Guest

Dear Shillingstone -
    are you dyslexic or is this just fun-spelling?
    Either way, you need to put the spell check on 'cos it's really difficult to understand what the heck you're saying!!

10. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

'Shillingstone', does the owner of 'Morning Star' really think his 9F is going to go mainline? Perhaps it could be pointed out to him that Jeremy Hosking, multi-millionaire loco owner, has already tried and failed because of the flangeless wheels, so perhaps he should lower his expectations...

Chris

11. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    Very good point , then again this man might be on a power or ego trip.

Regards
    Chris

12. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    That rather begs the question on why was he allowed to bring the engine in the first place ?

13. Jark91

Jark91 Member

Whatever the reason for Shillingstone's poor spelling why don't we try to look past it? Any information he's giving us here is information we wouldn't be getting otherwise.

What I don't understand is why the trust should be obliged to pay for the 9F's restoration? Are the trust and the owner intertwined somehow?

14. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

Is there any up to date photo's of 92207. The only one I can find is a photo from 2007 with the front truck missing. Does anyone know if 92207 still has a front truck?

Thanks

15. OldChap

OldChap Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    I believe it got the chop (along with 92245's) at Barry when they became de-railed, Woodhams just cut them off and scrapped them.

The Bluebell purchased big bits of 92085 when she was scrapped in 1980 and this did include the pony truck, however it is being dismanted and adpted for use on the std 2 tank they are converting.

16. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

Thanks for the info.

17. Kinghambranch

Kinghambranch Well-Known Member

Retired
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Indeed we are getting information. However, the mantra "Education, Education, Education," appears to have been forgotten. I know such spelling mistakes were punishable at my primary school by a swift rap across the knuckles with a steel ruler - it cannot be used now of course because this is the 21st Century and we are all enlightened and we didn't have the internet when "I wuz a youngun". However, we did have the Somerset and Dorset. So, in my book, anyone who is helping to put the S&D back together is doing well and is to be applauded.

18. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
  19. Ralph

Ralph New Member

When I visited there were a couple of people working on the bottom end so that it was a rolling chassis. From talking to them I understood that there had been a lot of fabrication of parts off site, so maybe a bit of progress, if only cosmetic, can be expected soon. With a reasonably clear track bed towards Stourpaine, I think this project could, and should, take off reasonably quickly... it is the S&D after all, so bring it on!

20. Maunsell man

Senior Finance Auditor
    From memory when 92207 was pulled out of woodhams it had the pony truck on it still. The lower half of wheels had been gas axed off after it was derailed in the yard and the bits were laying in the 6' still. Is this group a splinter group of Midsomer Norton?