If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

IWSR Locomotive News - July 2013

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Islander, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Islander

Islander Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The latest Locomotive News is now available on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway website, headlines are:
    • 'Terrier' W8 'Freshwater' - repainted and back in traffic.
    • W24 'Calbourne' - anticipated back in traffic during August following attention to axle boxes and fitting of a newly fabricated blast pipe.
    • 'Terrier' W11 'Newport' - progressing well; the completion of its overhaul, which included fitting a brand new boiler, is now in sight.
    • Ivatt 41298 - steady progress being made.
    http://www.iwsteamrailway.co.uk/news/locomotive-news/389-locomotive-news-july-2013.html

gwalkeriow likes this.
  2. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Hmmmm....Must get over and pay another visit. Three years ago, I visited the IoWSR for the first time over a decade. Lovely line, especially with Calbourne back ion service. I really don't want to let another seven years pass before going again. Thanks for the update, which has rather whetted my appetite.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Part of the furniture

No I do not currently volunteer
    Me too. Went their just as Calbourne was being finished off so never got the O2 experience (although this was rectified when she came to the mainland on a holiday). I found everyone to be very friendly and the stock well presented and cared for.

When the line announced their ASG on 5th/6th Oct when both Newport and the Ivatt are due to be running along with Freshwater and Calbourne, it went straight into the diary so looking forward to popping over the Solent again later in the year.