If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Junction Railwayana, Caldicot

Discussion in 'Railwayana' started by sem34090, Jul 11, 2020.

1. sem34090

sem34090 Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I recently (June 27th) ordered a BR Guard's bag from Junction Railwayana and, simply put, have heard nothing since. I had an email (from paypal) to notify me that the paypal transaction had gone through, the money left my bank account and the item was listed as 'sold' on the website. I have had no emails from Junction Railwayana regarding the item.

The item has yet to arrive and after two weeks I am beginning to wonder how long it will be until it does, or until I hear something. I have emailed them a few times and have received no response.

The website reckons they usually send items by courier with next day delivery, and with £15 spent on postage I would imagine that to be the case. The website indicates that their premises are open with social distancing measures.

I'm bit too far away to collect the item, if it hasn't been dispatched.

To conclude, then, I was wondering if this is an unusual experience and whether anyone can recommend another way of following this up.

2. simon

simon Resident of Nat Pres

As their website lists a series of mobile phone numbers, I would ring them up, if I was you.

3. ghost

ghost Part of the furniture

Ring them? Or send a recorded delivery letter, maybe requiring delivery by a certain date otherwise you will request a refund from PayPal?

Phone call would be my first port of call though.

Keith

4. staffordian

staffordian Well-Known Member

Retired
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Just a point about recorded delivery letters.

If a company is trying to shirk it's duties or responsibilities, and you later wish to rely on them having received a letter, it is often better not to send it recorded.

A recorded delivery can be refused.

However if a letter is posted first class, with a (free) proof of posting being obtained when posting, the law assumes the recipient will have recieved it.

I'm not necessarily suggesting it's best here, but if you later need to show, eg in a County Court case, that you have warned a company that you will be taking court action if something isn't done, then a first class letter is often better.

Disclaimer. IANAL but have read this on several well regarded forums.

5. sem34090

sem34090 Member

Thanks all - I feel dreadfully silly for having not thought about phoning them, but I'm nonetheless concerned that emails sent via three means (the general contact form, the item's contact form and to another email address listed) at different times were all un-answered.

I will ring on Monday.

6. sem34090

sem34090 Member

Rang the landline number earlier and left a voicemail when it wasn't answered. I'll give them a chance to reply before ringing the other numbers.

7. sem34090

sem34090 Member

Rang the proprietor today, very friendly and helpful - They appear to have mislaid the item so will be in touch about potential options for refunding or for finding a replacement.