If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Keith and Dufftown Railway - Former Locomotives

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Baynards, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Baynards

Baynards Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Over the weekend I was handed a photo from by a family member from a holiday in the Scottish Highlands.

The photo in question was taken at Dufftown station (probably around Aug 1994 or 1995) and shows the bunker/cab or what looks like an Andrew Barclay locomotive. The loco was a light green but without any distinguishing features such as number plates etc which would help identifying it.

Looking on the website for the railway, there is no mention of this loco, so i suspect it moved to pastures new at some point. I am therefore wondering which loco this was and where it is now.

I also have a recollection of one of the volunteers who was there at the time and kindly provided myself and my dad permission to walk around the station and yard, that the railway was looking (or had) at getting a LMS Black Five. Not sure if this was a pipe dream or something more substantial. If the latter, then does anyone know which loco that was planned for the railway?