If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

LBSCR Brake 3rd 4168 - overhaul completed on the IWSR

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Islander, May 15, 2011.

1. Islander

Islander Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    LBSCR Brake 3rd 4168 is about to re-enter traffic on the IWSR, the carriage has been out of service since 1990. As 4168 was withdrawn from service before the IWSR Smallbrook extension was opened the trial run last week was the first time it had been to Smallbrook Junction since the evening of 31st December 1966, when it formed part of the last BR steam service on the IOW.

A full report and some ex-works pictures showing the superb finish that IWSR C&W Supervisor Gary Walker and his team have achieved can be seen on the IWSR web site.

If all goes to plan the bogie set at the 40th anniversay gala should be 5 strong; 3 x LBSCR and 2 x SECR.

http://www.iwsteamrailway.co.uk/news/latest-news/261-historic-carriage-returns-to-traffic.html

2. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    a nice job lads, One of my lasting memories of the Isle of Wight railway was their fantastic roling stock, it really is a credit to the lads and lasses at Haven Street

3. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    I saw this up close only last week Ian, truly magnificant.

Regards
    Chris: