If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Lydia on the Bure Valley Railway

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by BiggerBob, Oct 11, 2009.

1. BiggerBob

BiggerBob New Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8929612@N04/3997957547/

Lydia visited the Bure Valley Railway - designed by Ian Yaylor and built by Alan Keef - she is a neat Prairie tank.I had always wondered how Lydia would cope with a longer run. Does anybody have information as to how its visit went.

2. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Haven't heard anything yet - but your best bet is to join Miniature Railway World forums - several members of that forum either run the Bure Valley, own locos visiting it, or made a trip to the gala this weekend. It's usually the first place you'll get news of miniature railway events like this. I expect there will be a full gala report up by tomorrow!

http://s9.zetaboards.com/MRW_Forums/index/

Tim

3. narrowgauge

narrowgauge New Member

I went on the Sunday. Its builder, sponsor and operator all seemed very happy with it - I didn't see the first, he was there on the Saturday, his thoughts were reported to me. It was running the full length of the line with a normal BVR train set. (It's Gaylor BTW.)

4. timbgray64

timbgray64 Member

Electrical Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It seemed to cope OK, didn't take much notice though as I was driving St. Egwin