If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

[Mar 26, 2014] Puffing Billy 200 Event at the Science Museum next Wednesday (LONDON)

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by timmydunn, Mar 19, 2014.

Puffing Billy 200 Event at the Science Museum next Wednesday
Start Date: Mar 26, 2014 03:00 PM
End Date: Mar 26, 2014 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT

EXHIBITION ROAD
LONDON SW7

Posted By: timmydunn

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I've been asked to let you know about an afternoon of talks on "Puffing Billy 200" at the Science Museum London (next Wed, 3pm, FREE) - on what is the world's oldest locomotive in existence.

I'll be heading over there ahead of the Lates event (the museum is opened for adults only once a month in the evening with various activities going on). Columbine and Rocket are obviously also on display there, as well as the zillion other ace things to look at in the Museum. All free.

There'll also be a tour of the "Making of the Modern World" gallery guided by a Science Museum curator, and an opportunity to visit the "Collider" exhibition on the Hadron Collider afterwards (note - fee applies for Collider).

Details and free tickets here.http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/plan_your_visit/events/other/puffing_billy.aspx

Disclaimer - I'm unpaid volunteer with the Friends of the Sierra Leone NRM, which as you may know has affiliations with the NMSI.