If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Members & Shareholders day 26th Sept

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by 73129, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

Hi everyone this coming Saturday is members and shareholders day. Looking at the time table which has been posted on the new MHR web site it’s going to be a busy day with two service trains and a freight train out and not forgetting the Hampshire unit. There should be some think for everyone this coming Saturday.

http://www.watercressline.co.uk/mhr..._Shareholders_Day_-_26th_September_2009..html

2. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    The website has been updated again since you last posted this Lee.

Regards

3. 73129

4. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Was it a good day? Unfortunately I couldn't get down for this as I was working on my car but made it for the AGM. Some very interesting news regarding future (possible) visiting loco's and long term loco loans. I won't say too much as I got "shot down in flames" last year when I wrote about the AGM on here.

5. LN850

LN850 Member

Any chance you could PM me about it Green Five? I was unable to attend also, and I like to know what is going on at the railway, especially as it is my local railway and I feel that it is important to support it.

6. green five

You should have a PM from me LN850. If not let me know as I am not sure it got sent to you.

7. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Sounds like some good things are starting to happen for the railway!! :)

8. cct man

CONSTRUCTION
    members and shareholders day.

There are some really good things happening at the Mid-Hants at the moment and comments mage at the AGM were proof of that.

I will chew the cud on this as to what was said at the AGM , but I suppose that is Colin Chambers and others have said publicly what they did last night , one can only assume it is in the public domain to be repeated elsewhere?, though obviously this all was said at a members only meeting.

comments on this subject would be welcome please.

Regards
    Chris

9. LN850

LN850 Member

3 Hours Ago 04:51 PM
    green five You should have a PM from me LN850. If not let me know as I am not sure it got sent to you.

Thanks very much.

10. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Personally Chris, I don't think this should be aired unless as you say this is publically made elsewhere via Colin Chambers and alike.

11. porous pot

porous pot New Member

The significant letter is 'G'. It is short for 'General' and therefore is public, and not subject to the restraints of a 'Closed' meeting, for example a Board Meeting.

A summary of an AGM should be reported to all the members and a full copy of the minutes should be available on request. What is said at such a meeting is therefore in the public domain, and no one should worry about repeating it on this or any other forum.

12. green five

After last years reaction to putting info on the forum after the MHR AGM I won't reveal anything anymore. It was as though I broke the official secrets act!
    I will leave it to the MHR to make the announcements in due course. Someone has already revealed the big visiting loco for the 2010 Spring Gala elsewhere on the forum anyway.

13. porous pot

porous pot New Member

I really feel sorry for all those members of the Mid Hants who live in fear of Colin Chambers and his bunch (no pun intended) of Merry Men.

It's an AGM! It's public! If the Mid Hants Board don't want it out in the public domain, then don't bring it up at an AGM. Otherwise it's free for reporting and further dissemination by all and sundry, whether they like it or not. Believe it or not, the Mid Hants is not a totalitarian regime, although to read some of the posts here you wouldn't necessarily think so.

14. cct man

CONSTRUCTION
    Colin is not an ogre just a very busy man making the Railway the success it is today.

I grant you he is not always the easiest man to talk to but he has the Railways interest at heart and that is good enough for me.

More importantly Colin is a hands on man with his steam cranes, which is more than can be said for most Railways where the manager has not got a clue about getting his hands dirty and treats volunteers with contempt.

Your comments are noted concerning an AGM being in the public domain.

Regards
    Chris

15. 73129

There no secret about what was discussed at the AGM but this is not the right place to discuss what was said. Anyone that wishes to know about what is happening at the MHR should become a member or shareholder and spare some of their time and go to the AGM. How many other railways have their AGM discussed all over Nat Press. In my opinion the AGM is an internal matter for MHR members & shareholders only and not for every man and his dog to know about. If there are people out there that are so desperate to know what is happening at the MHR why not come a member or shareholder of the railway.

http://www.watercressline.co.uk/mhrform.htm

16. cct man

CONSTRUCTION
    I prefer cats myself.

Regards

17. Swan Age

Swan Age Member

Perhaps one aspect of the new website that could be implemented, would be a members and shareholders only section of the site that you could log into for news that is not available in the public domain. I for one would welcome it.

Sadly I was unable to attend Saturdays AGM as i had other commitments, although i have attended some in the past.

So i will have to wait and see if the railway make public what was discussed.