If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Mhr - Peace Breaking Out?

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by domeyhead, May 9, 2013.

1. domeyhead

domeyhead Member

Noticed this in the esteemed organ that is the Hampshire Chronicle:-
    http://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk...rd_steam_engine_legal_dispute_settled/?ref=nt

Which was naturally plagiarised by the awful paper down the road here
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10403164.Steam_engine_dispute_settled_after_six_years/

We've wished here previously for the MHR and its litigants to bury old grievances and wipe the slate clean and stop paying for lawyers holidays, so this is very good news. I don't suppose anyone wants the old S160 to come back but a new spirit of friendship might yet do wonders for the fate of the Maunsell moguls, and one or two other locos too which I am very fond of and which are far more appropriate to the line.

2. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Good to hear. Pity it wasn't sorted out before a few lawyers got richer but there you go.

3. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Quite. The last thing that people want to donate money for is to fund litigation.

4. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    Ah but I am led to believe that that this is that last mitigation to be settled Martin.

I think that whoever bought this to a happy conclusion deserves a big pat on the back and a pint of best.

Whatever has gone on before we cannot change, and for those of us who were not there when this all happened it means we can move forward.

Well done that man:)

Regards
    Chris:

5. martin butler

martin butler Part of the furniture

This is welcome, its another past problem settled. will the S160 return, who knows, once the fate of the bunch colection is settled there may well be a need for another large engine i believe that it has had some work done on it at portland