If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Mr Ivo Peters

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Matt37401, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Matt37401

Matt37401 Nat Pres stalwart

Nosy aren’t you?
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I've just realised that Wednesday is Ivo's 100th Birthday, where would we be without this wonderful man and his use of the camera (still, cine, colour or monochrome) This gentleman has given us a wonderful photographic insight into a way of life and a wonderful (much lamented) route. I know Ivo filmed and photted other bits and pieces and to me Ivo's footage in 'The train now departing' is as important as Thomas the Tank as a kid growing up in the eighties . It really helped get me into railways. Is there any way we could pay tribute to Ivo on here? Be nice if a there were a few 'Ivo Peters 1915-1989' headboards on appropriate locos on wednesday?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. 46223

46223 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Yes, he was a gentleman. I once met him and his linesiding companion Norman Lockett on a bridge over the WCML near Grayrigg in 1966. I spent a very pleasant ½ hour or so with them, talking trains and admiring the Bentley!

3. Matt37401

Matt37401 Nat Pres stalwart

Nosy aren’t you?
    Somebody mentioned that they were visiting Shepton Mallet to me today, My first thought was SDJR, my second was Ivo Peters! Amazing how the 2 have become so intwined in my brain!

4. paulhitch

paulhitch Guest

Just to say that there is a road in Bath already named after him. I knew him slightly, in the period when the Bentley had been replaced by a BMW. He would not have appreciated the presentday tendency to associate that marque with ungentlemanly driving habits!

Paul H