If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

N7 69621

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by cavickboy, Apr 23, 2009.

1. cavickboy

cavickboy New Member

Dear all

To quote the MNR web page :-

"From 25-26 April and 2-4 May, steam enthusiasts will have a unique opportunity of seeing the last surviving N7 steam locomotive stretching its legs on the 11 mile run to Wymondham."

The loco is at the Mid Norfolk Railway for a 2 week stay - details above and further details at :-

http://www.mnr.org.uk/events/steam/

=D>

Andrew M

2. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

Wish we could borrow it again. What a Lovely engine. Is the Reverser wheel still as smooth as silk to move =P~
    Incidentally, I've learnt my lesson on the Westinghouse pump so I promise not to bump it onto the blocks again at Swanage [or anywhere else !!].

3. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

I should be visiting for a ride and some lineside on the May slot (as they are full days), I'm going to try the Tiffey valley walk or go to Crownthorpe again

4. cavickboy

cavickboy New Member

5. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

OT but does anyone know when Blackie will arrive, I understand work is needed on the loco but an estimate of 1-2 years would be right?

6. cavickboy

cavickboy New Member

Greetings

Re the Hunslet Austerity 3193 - being pedantic the loco isn't a J94, it wasn't one of its class to be sold off to the LNER then re classed and re-numbered - keep an eye on :-

http://www.norfolksteamloco.co.uk/

Thats the likely place for announcements - the Blackie bit is dead

Andrew M