If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

National Trust Gold Mine (Dolacothi-Wales) Monorail

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by Matt78, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Matt78

Matt78 Well-Known Member

Solicitor
    Hope this may be of general interest, I've been passed this information in the hope that someone might be interested.

The National Trust Gold Mine at Pumpsaint near Llandyfri,Mid Wales is going to dispose of a quantity of 400mm trapped rail (like a monorail),locomotives and manriders for scrap. This equipment was donated by the National Coal Board to the NT many years ago to build a railway into the mines.This has not materialised and the stock has been on display or in store since.Anyone interested in rescuing the last and most modern rail system from a South Wales mine needs to find just £5000 to beat off the scrapman.Photos on philt.fotopic.net, - narrow gauge file – The engines were run up regularly by the engineer who looked after them although as they are parked on a short section of line they have not moved for years

Details of the location -http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-dolaucothigoldmines

2. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

And before anyone says us - we don't have the cash sadly - but these are now the sole survivors of the Becorit trapped rail system.

3. ianh

ianh Member

Farmer -
    could you provide a direct link to your photopic