If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Polish 5485

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Adam, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

Hi,
    Just a quick question: What has happened to 5485 at the NVR? As far as I know the loco is still in ticket, however, I have not known the locomotive to have run since October last year, perhaps earlier than that. With 73050 expected to be working all steam hauled workings throughout March, I was just wondering whether this loco had been withdrawn early etc?

Cheers,
    Adam

2. Wansfordman

Wansfordman Member

Guard, Nene Valley Railway
    Hi,

5485 still has 2 years left on its boiler. Its currently undergoing repairs and should hopefully be back in traffic soon. 73050 has been rostered for March workings so far as we're only operating on Sundays but that could change.

Hope this helps.

3. Adam

Adam New Member

Hi,
    thanks for your reply and the information - it just seemed like a long while since I had seen 5485 for a while that's all! :smt001

4. Wansfordman

Wansfordman Member

Guard, Nene Valley Railway
    Yeah def but the loco is privatly owned so its down to the owner to finance repairs etc, plus the fitters also have to maintain 73050, 1800 plus the steam crane etc....