If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Question: Which Rocket replica went to Nuremberg?

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by Christoph, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Christoph

Christoph New Member

Hello all,

on the German forum www.drehscheibe-online.de there is a discussion about the Rocket replica which went to Nuremberg for the 175th anniversary exhibition of German railways. Which replica went to Nuremberg? I know that there are two, a working replica and a cut-away one. I believe that the cut-away one went but I am not sure.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards

Christoph

2. williamfj2

williamfj2 Member

The cut away one is the one that went to Nuremberg, the working one is at York

3. Christoph

Christoph New Member

Thanks for the information. Did that replica ever leave the UK before? Officials claim that this was the first occasion that this replica was shown outside the UK.

Kind regards

Christoph

4. williamfj2

williamfj2 Member

I'm not too sure about the sectioned one but I'm just about certain that the working one has been abroad before

5. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

Yes, tis the first time the sectioned one has left the UK. Coming back to Shildon next week.

6. Christoph

Christoph New Member

Hello,

thanks for that. I expect this to be the most authoritative (is that the word?) statement.

Kind regards

Christoph