If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Sierra Leone NRM event at Armley Mills Leeds

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by timmydunn, May 22, 2015.

1. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    All being well, "Jack", the 18" gauge Hunslet, will be in steam every day this weekend in Leeds - on the demo line here at Armley Mills.

If you've never been - this whole BH we're here with the Sierra Leone NRM team celebrating that collection - so with a lot of staff about, narrow gauge archive material and Jack in public steam for the first time in years, THIS WEEKEND is the one to come to.

Hope to see some of you here? Details: http://www.leeds.gov.uk/westridingtowestafrica

Tim EVENT PNG.png

2. JonL116

JonL116 New Member

I take it you may be able to get Jack out over the July 18/19th of the Middleton Railway's Hunslet 150 event so people can see another example of fine Leeds engineering in action...the Hunlset 150 event bus stops off at Armley Mills on both days free of charge!

John

3. Jamessquared

Jamessquared Nat Pres stalwart

goldfish likes this.
  4. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Indeed!

I think we're quite happy with the story of the museum getting worldwide after this weekend... :)

BBC Look North, BBC Breakfast UK, then BBC News Channel worldwide x12 spots on Sunday, BBC News online front page all day and then BBC World Service Newsday to 80 million listeners yesterday. It's a great story.

Plus ITV Calendar, BBC Radio Leeds and Yorkshire Evening Post. Plus of course we're getting some great support from the railway press; in particular, Narrow Gauge World - Andrew has behind us all the way and the latest edition carries a super article by Anthony Coulls, who is known to this parish.

People are realising that we do mean serious business as a humanitarian enterprise, and some interesting people are getting on board... we'd love more of you to join us!

If you want to join us or donate - please visit http://www.sierraleonerailwaymuseum.com/#!help-us-now/c22pn

If you want more info beyond the website I'm happy to answer questions

Anthony Coulls likes this.