If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Small World

Discussion in 'Bullhead Memories' started by olly5764, Jan 3, 2007.

1. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Two of my colleagues were using our footplate experience course as a means of getting to Bridgnorth a little earlier than they could if they used the service train, riding in the brake van with the guard.
    Upon rounding a curve on the approaches to Victoria Bridge (That is the big one that spans the Severn, near Arley) they were confronted with a landslide, completely blocking the line.
    For the rest of that day, all south end services terminated at Bewdley, while north end ones ran to Highley, with me being the guard on one of the south end trains.
    So, fast forward a year of so, and myself, and the same to colleagues were on holiday together in the Isle of Wight. We were detained for a while at haven street, owing to the loco having failed, so I wondered up to the guard and asked if i may look in his van, whilst thinking that I had seen him some where before. I informed him that I was a guard on the Severn valley, and was interested in how other railways did things, at which point, it came to light why I recognized him, he had been a guest of his brother in law, who was taking part in the morning session of the driving school, and in the afternoon, they had joined my train, poking his head into my van as we waited for a path at Kidder for the very same reason that I had poked my head into his!!!!! Small world ain't it?

2. littlenobby

littlenobby Well-Known Member

student (6th form) Part time job at the Co-op!
    yes ian! :smt002

3. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I detect a note of sarcasm there Tom, talk to Ron, he was there.

4. littlenobby

littlenobby Well-Known Member

student (6th form) Part time job at the Co-op!
    not sarcasm Ian, i was just stating that its a small world!
    welcome to the forums!