If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Some help with identifying some LNER Pre-Grouping Coaches Please!

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Bean-counter, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Bean-counter

Bean-counter Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have just been fortunate enough to purchase on EBay some rather fine models, kit built (or possibly part scratch built) of some Pre-Grouping Carriages in LNER Teak Livery. Each is numbered and I have the basic description but can't find a list anywhere which would enable me to look up what the origins (i.r. original building company) of the coaches modeled were.

Can anyone help me with such a list on the Internet?

The vehicles in question, and my guess at origin, are:

Clerestory Composite Lavatory No. 2983 (Possibly NER?)
    58' Suburban Composite No. 42439 (Possibly GNR?)
    58' Suburban Brake 3rd No. 3624 (Possibly GNR?)
    52' Suburban Lavatory 3rd (has corridor within vehicle) No. 60771
    52' Suburban Brake Composite Lavatory (each class has corridor to 'central' toilets) No. 25056

I think the last one of these is Hull and Barnsley and 60771 looks similar. 25056 is just a couple of numbers different from one of the LNER numbers of the Hull and Barnsley BCL at Goathland, but the corridors appear to be 'handed' the other other way!

Any help with identification of the builders of the originals would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steven