If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

SR emu coach seen on motorway.

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by buseng, Jul 9, 2012.

1. buseng

buseng Part of the furniture

Retired
    As the title suggests, I was driving eastbound on the M4 today near Junc 13 (Chieveley) at about 4.45pm when I saw a low loader travelling westbound with a Mk1 SR emu driving coach on the back in green livery. It was definitely a driving coach due to the end window arrangement. Anyone have any ideas where it was going from/to please?

2. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

Its a Driving Trailer from Farringford, the 3CIG based at the EOR - the same question has been asked before on wnxx and its currently something of a mystery.

Chris

3. buseng

Retired
    Thanks for the info, I don't use WNXX much, a bit too cliquey (I think that is the right word) for my liking.

4. Bestieboy

Bestieboy Member

Guys
    I've had a reply from the E&OR who tell me the 3Cig is still on the line and in service (hauled stock) this weekend. So the unit in transit must be something else. I still don't know what.
    Steve

5. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Bit of a wild guess but is it anything to do with the first item on this list:
    Mk 1 Coaches For Sale
    at the Great Central (I think) which has become "surplus to requirements due to the unfortunate destruction of its sister vehicle".

Richard

6. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

That one is/was for sale by EMR Kingsbury due to the unfortunate destruction if its sister vehicle by EMR Kingsbury. I seem to recall it was surplus to requirements well before that happened. Strange wording in that advert.

7. buseng

Retired
    Looking around I may of found the answer. Could of been driving trailer 76747 from Dartmoor returning from filming at Shepperton.