If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Static Models of Railway Locomotives

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by aldfort, Jul 23, 2013.

1. aldfort

aldfort Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Forgive the intrusion of an ex model railway man who now works only on the prototype into this forum.
    I was hoping one of the knowledgeable members in here might be able to tell me where in the UK I might be able to buy static models of locomotives. Somewhere between OO and O in size would be perfect, either ready built or as kits? I'm aware of the Corgi offering which are available through my local Ian Allen but are there other sources?

Thanks

2. Bramblewick

Bramblewick Member

Dapol still produce some of the old Airfix/Kitmaster plastic kits, which are cheap and build into decent static models. They usually have "Rocket," the LYR Pug, 04 shunter, prototype Deltic, Park Royal railbus, Large Prairie, Standard 4 2-6-0, "Schools," and as-built Bulleid light Pacific for sale. Revell also produces a couple of HO gauge kits of continental prototypes, including a Kriegslok.

Reasonably good painted resin copies of some Hornby models in more or less OO scale can sometimes be found in fancy goods shops.

3. aldfort

aldfort Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    @Bramblewick - Thank you for the info.

Bramblewick likes this.